Overview of Services
- We work in D.15 with people whose primary addiction are Opiates and opiates/polydrug use.
- We also offer support/opportunities/services to those facing challenges being experienced by those deemed to fit into the “older” cohort of drug user.
- We provide a stabilisation day programme to men and women with opiate and opiate/polydrug use (Arising Stabilisation Programme)
- We provide stabilisation via one-to-one key working, care planning and case management (Arising One-to-One Programme)
- We are a low threshold service, whose ethos is centred on reducing harm and supporting recovery from long term opiate and polydrug misuse (Arising Drop-in Service)
Ours Aims are to:-
- Support people to reduce the harm their opiate and polydrug use is causing and to support their recovery from same.
- Support and respond to people in maintaining their health and wellbeing with particular reference to those who are experiencing issues relative to their long term opiate/polydrug misuse.
- Support people from 18 yrs+ in their goals towards better health and healthier lifestyle with recovery from opiate and poly drug misuse as their focus.
- Provide specialist and quality evidence-based responses to those within the older cohort with opiate/polydrug use issues that are experiencing deteriorating physical and mental health.
- Respond to those with substance misuse issues who may feel marginalized/stigmatised due to their drug misuse.
- Be a referral agent for those that present but require services more appropriate to their presenting needs.
- Base our evidence-based programmes and services on core values that are respect, dignity, positivity, progression, strength, resourcefulness, resilience, recovery, integrity.
- Operate from within the “person-centred” principles and “person-centred practice” framework.
Who is this service for?
- The opiate/opiate and polydrug user 18 yrs+ from Dublin 15 and surrounding areas.
- Those from the Dublin 15 and surrounding areas, who are long term opiate users while also on OST (Methadone) and/or using all other drugs inclusive of alcohol, cannabis, cocaine, crack, benzodiazepines, synthetic drugs.